Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Woodpecker Rote Song!

Several times a week, we had music hour in our elementary school when I was growing up. I loved everything about this time spent away from reading, writing, and arthmetic. 

It wasn't that I didn't like those subjects, too, it was just that when in music class, I could fly away to wherever the song took me. I could go anywhere, be anything I wanted to be, dreaming away the hour, enchanted with the sweet sounds of my classmates' and my voices raised in song. 

To this day, whenever I see and hear a woodpecker tap, tippy, tap tapping, I think of music class and this wonderful little song! 

2 comments:

  1. I love these old music books. Theyr're great!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds and i was just thinking that a music page like this w/ The Woodpecker song would look lovely framed and hung in my bird-themed guest room! :-)

    ReplyDelete