Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Tale of Peter Rabbit!


This copy of The Tale of Peter Rabbit is the same one I loved as a child. I read it over and over again to myself and later to my little sister and brothers. Published by The Saalfield Publishing Company of Akron, Ohio in 1942, it was a favorite at our house.

I remember forever hoping that one day Peter would not get into trouble with Mr. McGregor! Still he always did. But such a sweet story for children! (And grown-ups, too?)

I found this copy of the story last fall and was so excited to see the absolutely fabulous illustrations within!

1 comment:

  1. Comments:

    blushing rose said...
    Do I EVER remember this book ... memories, Coralie! Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~Marydon
    June 12, 2009 7:06 AM

    Christine said...
    How much fun is this?
    Blessings,
    Christine
    June 12, 2009 12:28 PM

    Gingeyginge said...
    Love everything about Peter Rabbit
    June 11, 2009 11:00 AM

    Dave King said...
    A lovely blog. My first visit, but not my last.
    June 12, 2009 3:56 AM

    ReplyDelete